Economy or fixed sender id routes are normally used for bulk SMS text messages or application to person messaging where no response from the client via SMS is required. These economy or fixed sender id routes do not provide a delivery report (delivery receipts) facility so campaign managers are required to include test messages in the bulk batches they send. It is also standard procedure to test all routes prior to sending batches. Please also note that in some countries the SMS networks implemented filters where messages containing the same text and sender id are filtered and for that reason we recommend the following practice when using fixed sender id or economy routes:
- Keep batches small
- Change text with every text messaging batch that you send
- Keep throughput low at all times – i.e. send batches over a longer period of time.
Infrequent delays might be experienced on the fixed sender id routes. Economy (fixed sender id) routes should not be used for time critical messages. There are no delivery reports so we will not be able to advise why SMS did not deliver should there be complaints. Clients use these routes at own risk. Test messages: Test messages might always be delayed. If an SMSC delivers an SMS to the same number, it might get a MSC busy message and only retry in 15 minutes. This is normal procedure. Some MSC's can queue multiple transactions and send them one after the other, others send a busy message back to the SMSC and the SMSC has to retry. So if you send 30 SMS over 30 routes at the same second, it could take 30 minutes to get them delivered. This does not mean normal SMS to all different users behave the same. Economy Route features:
- Fixed sender id (numeric number which cannot be changed)
- No delivery reports
- Binary, Unicode messages supported
- WAP bookmarks supported
- Concatenated messages need to be tested
- Mobile number portability subject to testing and confirmation
- Personalized SMS can be sent with single file upload
- HTTP API
- SMPP (please provide IP – up to 4 sessions allowed with same parameters)
- 1 SMS=1 credit
- No expiry on credit (Please see terms and conditions 11)
Economy route content and other restrictions:
None – please however note that some operators might have implemented filters. Please test.
Economy route pricing (price per purchase volume):
Visit Fixed sender id routes for pricing details.